Monday 30 May 2016

It's pouring!!!!!

April 4, 2016

Hey guys! 

This week went well!

This week Elder Magby called me from Villa Ramallo(my last comp). He said that Daniela was going to get married and April 8th was her baptism date ! I was super excited! They finally got married and this Friday she is going to get baptized! I asked president if we could go back for the baptism and he gave me the thumbs up! I am pretty excited! I really like them. I am looking forward to that so I will let you know how it goes! I do have to pay for it with my own money though, all the buses and taxis but its totally worth it! After so much time working with them, they are finally getting baptized! I There hasn't been a baptism in Villa Ramallo for over a year, so I think the ward is pretty excited about it as well. 

This week it poured here!!!! I like the rain when I can stay inside or if I have a car, but as a missionary I am really not a big fan. We have to go out and work anyway, so we just get wet and cold. I tried the umbrella but after 5 minutes it broke because the wind was so heavy!! Haha- I ended up getting soaked! Since there were not many people out side, we decided to try an investigator who had recently called us and said they had lost interest. We were sure they were going to be in their house because when it rains nobody in Argentina does anything. The thing is that if they don't know you they don't want to let you in or even answer the door when it rains. So we took advantage of the opportunity that the rain would keep the family inside. Haha - we went in the pouring rain and she let us in! We were able to resolve her doubt on why she did not want to listen to us anymore. It was pretty cool. She had some weird doubt that going to church would bring spirits into her house, like she would hear things moving in the kitchen at night and stuff. I guess it happened the last time she was investigating. We helped her resolve her concern, so it was a pretty good visit! 

In the mission there are only 2 Canadians including myself. This week we had the chance to work together during divisions!! He is from Barnwell, which is like 30 mins from Lethbridge. He goes to Calgary all of the time, so we were able to talk a little bit about home! It was pretty fun! It has been a long time since I have spoken to someone about home!! It was cool as well because we as Canadians have a couple words or things that are different from the states. Well, lots of missionaries give us a hard time, or they joke around with us since we have some different words. For example, we say toque instead of beany, or garbarator, or the way we say bag, or that we have poutin, or that we have ketchup chips! Haha!!!  For the first time in my mission I  was not the minortiy!! We had fun joking with Elder Bluth about stuff they do in the states! It was fun! Good guy, he finishes his mission in 2 weeks!

I really enjoyed conference this weekend! We were able to watch it in English which was sweet! The voices of the apostles are way better than when someone is translating what they say. All the english speaking missionaries were squished in the office of the stake president to watch it! I really enjoyed it! It was sweet to hear them speak! During the past couple of conferences, I have taken a lot of notes of every single talk. That was a mistake, since I never even go back and look at the notes, plus the Liahona just comes out with all of the talks anyways. So this time , I only wrote down things that I want to work on. A couple of things that really stood out to me were messages that encouraged the weak  to come closer to Christ. We must seek and then he will receive us,band as we come make efforts to be closer to Christ, we will become  converted. I would like to work more on this. Another thing that I need to get better at is using the priestood power. I don't really know how to do that better, but I think I need to study it a little bit more! Elder Christopherson's talk made me grateful to have my father as my dad! Thanks dad!  

Other that nothing new has happened. Everything is going good! It's starting to get cold here! 

Love you
Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment