Monday 30 May 2016

A busy week!!

May 2, 2016

Hey guys! How's it going?

This week went well! It was a little stressful for me with lots of stuff to do,but we did it!!

I feel like we are really starting to find great people to teach. I am excited to see how they progress, and also to keep finding new people to teach. The most effective way I have seen missionary work progress is when the members share the gospel. This is something that I didn't do before the mission. I find that when the members share the gospel, it is 10 times more effective than when we share the gospel! We are trying to help them with that! Do you have any ideas how we can help them? What are you guys doing to share the gospel?

Well, this week we had a leadership council with all the zone leaders and then also a training for half the mission. Hahaha - man I was pretty stressed out about that! But we did it! With lots of meetings and planning and studying, I think the material we covered will be able to help everyone out a little bit better!

One thing that I have been learning more and being more aware of is the power that comes through meditating and thinking. A scripture that comes to mind is Helaman 10:3-5, where it talks about Nephi and how he preached the gospel with everything that he had and he meditated and thought a lot about it. Then after he had done that, he was given power to do anything he wanted. It only came after he did everything posible and thought and pondered on what had happen, and what he could do. It was cool for me because I have never really been that good at it taking the time to really think through things. It's something that I am trying to get a lot better at and I have noticed that when I take the time to do it, I receive reavelation or inspiration with what to do or what to teach or say. It was pretty cool for me! It's definitely something I want to keep developing.


Looking forward to talking to you guys on Sunday at 7:00 pm my time.

I love you guys!
Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment