Monday 4 January 2016

Happy New Year!!

Hey guys!! Happy New Year! 

 This week was good!

It was a little bit slow because we could not leave for New Year's. We had to be in the pension by 6:00 pm on the 31st and then home all day on the 1st.  Some other elders came and stayed with us for a little bit so that was really fun! New Year's here is crazy... well not so much in Villa Ramallo, but more in Rosario! I guess it gets pretty dangerous and nobody wants to talk to us since they are all hung over or they have family over. Its just like a massive party! We heard music going all night and so that's probably why we couldn't sleep! I remember Christmas morning hearing a bunch of drunk guys right outside the pension. Kind of funny! Anyways, the two other elders came and stayed with us which was really fun! We spent a long time talking and hanging out. There is not much else you can do when you have to stay inside a little apartment for 2 days. We did get to sleep in, which was really nice! It was awesome actually, but it also makes you feel really lazy because you don't do anything! I slept in till 11:00 am and it felt good to get caught up on sleep, but it was annoying because half the day was already gone! We made some french toast and also some empanadas. They were yummy! I have really come to like flan as well!! It was fun all overall!

I have been thinking a little bit about this past year and I think 2015 was super awesome! It was tough, but super awesome! I feel like I got a little bit of everything! I would have to say that throughout all my life, all the schooling I have been through, all the work I have done, this has been the year that I have learned and grown the most. Sometimes to learn and grow you have to do things you don't want to do and I have done lots of that, but you also are able to see some pretty cool things!! I am excited for 2016 too! It will be a pretty big year as well! I will be finishing my mission and then starting school! I am kindof nervous, but also kind of excited!

We have been working with a woman named Yamila. Yamila comes to church every week with her two daughters. She is not a member and neither are her two daughters, but her husband is a member. He is inactive and doesn't really want too much to do with the church. At first he was avoiding us whenever we went over, but now he has started to talk to us which is really cool! He still does not want alot to do with the church. Unfortunately, this sister cannot be baptized because they are not married. It makes me sad. I want all the happiness the gospel can bring for her.  

Being on a mission has helped me decide what kind of person I want to be. It has made me think about lots of things. Other than that, nothing really happened this week! This next week should be a lot better!!  We have transfers next week, so I will be emailing on Tuesday! 

I love you!
Elder Carter







No comments:

Post a Comment