Wednesday 31 December 2014

AND MORE CAME!!!!!


December 24, 2014

 

 

Hola!

 

Well, this week was good!! WE HAD 9 INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH ON SUNDAY!! Which was flipping awesome!!? We just made sure we emphasized it a ton! Two of the investigators who came were actually ones we had stopped teaching so we are teaching them again!!! So awesome!!  I was pretty excited at church, but it was a little stressful, too! I was on my toes making sure that everyone was doing well and enjoying themselves!! One investigator was a young man, B, who we went and picked up before church. He lives in a humble house. One of the walls has a hole where there was a window, but where there is no window there now. Anyways, we arrived at his place and knocked, or clapped I mean, (that’s what people do here) and nothing. So, we waited for a while. They have a tin roof, so it’s pretty loud if you throw stuff on it. Anyways,  I threw a bunch of rocks on the roof and still nothing. My mind was made up - I was not leaving without him. We had walked so far to pick him up and knew it was important for him to come. So,  I put my hands into the window and clapped as loud as I could. It turned out his bed was not very far away from my hands. So, that finally did the trick and woke him up!! We finally got him up and to church, which was awesome!!!! He said he really liked it, along with all of our other investigators!

 

The other day, my companion and I were asked to do a service project. We were asked to mow a sister’s lawn. It was super super long and we were given machetes to accomplish the task!! Never done it that way before!!

 

 

Tonight for Christmas Eve we are going over to a recent convert’s home for dinner and have permission to stay out until 11:30 pm, which is really cool!!

Christmas seems to not be a big deal here. People put a little tree inside their homes, eat dinner at around 11:00 pm and then open gifts at midnight, and that’s it! It is weird for me to have Christmas without snow! It just does not feel like Christmas in one sense, but in another, being here has helped me better appreciate the real reason why we celebrate Christmas in the first place. We have had a great time sharing the video clip the church put out for Christmas (share the gift). It is a cool thing we get to do.

 

 

Thank you for everything! I am looking forward to talking to you guys tomorrow afternoon!! Merry Christmas!!

 

I love you!

Elder Carter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment