Sunday 27 March 2016

Committment

March 21, 2016

Hey guys!!
This week has been good! I have been a little sick but I am getting better! It's getting pretty cold here! I am starting to have to wear my sweater! It's kind of nice change though! No more heat! WE are also eating a lot of noodles and stews now since it is getting colder! I like it but I can tell I will get sick of it fast!!
Well, this week we got a new ward mission leader! The old one was pretty awesome, the best one that I have had on my mission! He knew how to be a ward mission leader very well! It was cool to work with him. So, this week we got a new one, and we will see how it goes! It should be good! It seems like he knows what he is doing too! The first correlation meeting went pretty good. The best part by far was the pancakes following the meeting!! The new meander is a professional chef, so he knows how to make some pretty good food! The pancakes were the best pancakes I have had in a year and a half.... even though I have not had very many in my year and a half! Anyways, the best part is that he brought out a bottle of maple syrup!! It has been so long since I have had maple syrup!! They don't have it here! And WOW- those pancakes were reaaaallly good! Hahaha - I think it was just because it had been so long since I had eaten maple syrup!!
This week I also got to do divisions with Elder Cox! He was my companion back in villa ramallo!! It was pretty cool to see him and get caught up with him! It seems like he is doing really good! It was great to spend some time with him! He is training now and seems to be working really well! It was really cool!!
One thing that I have been thinking about alot lately is commitment. Especially, as it applies in missionary work. I am out here pretty far away from my family, living in places that I had never thought posible, eating some weird things and dedicating 24 hours a day 7 days a week to this. But somehow sometimes it seems like missionaries aren't that commited, including me. We get tired or we get hungry or we get cold or a bunch of other things and we get lazy in our commitment. I think our level of commitment is directly related to your success. If you are 100 dedicated and will do everything and anything to to what you are supposed to, you will find success. But on the other had if you just go through the actions and do things barely getting by, its alot harder to achieve success. I think it applies to life as well. If we are commited to our family, we are more likely to have a happier/better family. If we are commited to work we are more likley to achieve success! Its just something I have been thinking about lately!
We are going to have another baptism this Saturday! We have been working with this girl for a long time! She has had to change a lot in her life to be able to get baptized but she is doing a good job! I am excited for her!
Love you
Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment