Sunday 13 March 2016

A baptism!

March 7, 2016

Hey guys!!
This week was good! It went by really fast!!
WE HAD a baptism yesterday!! Pretty sweet huh?!  Her name is Carina and she is a very simple and humble woman. She doesn't understand everything but is so willing to try! When I got here, they were already teaching her so I just helped finish up the lessons! She is super awesome! Anyways, yesterday after church she got baptized! We planned the service for Sunday after church because her inactive husband couldn't come any other time. He even came to the full three hours of church, which was really awesome!! So, because we had the baptism right after church, everyone stayed, which was pretty sweet!! The bishop from another ward came and baptized her because she has some type of connection with him. Anyways, we had to wait for like an hour for him to show up!! Haha - I guess he had to do some things in his own ward right after church. 

Yesterday was also fast sunday. People here fast from lunch to lunch, instead of dinner to dinner. So, they eat lunch on Saturday and then break the fast on Sunday lunch. So, we do the same as missionaries. WELL, church ended at 12 and the baptism didn't start until 1:30 because we were waiting for this bishop. I was dying of hunger! We started the baptismal service and everything was on its way. I had to give the talk about the spirit because the speaker didn't show up, and let me tell you that it was the most brief talk/ testimony I have ever given!!  I was hungry and I am sure that all the members were as well! Haha - I hope she was happy with it, though!!! After the baptism we left quickly with the family that we had planned to eat lunch with. I don't usually like noodles cause we eat them so much, but this time they were really good! I don't know if that was because I was so hungry or just because they were so good! Haha!! We ended up eating at like 3:00 pm. I felt like it was the the longest fast I have ever done! But it was good! We survived!! And, even better, we were able to help someone get baptized!! Pretty sweet!!
The rest of this week has been good! We have been working a lot and really trying to find people to baptize! The ward here is super awesome! We had 140 people at church yesterday which was crazy! I haven't been at church with that many people for a long time!! Haha! You know how after church the halls are pretty full because of how many people there are right after? I had totally forgotten about that until yesterday! It was crazy! I really like it cause it makes the work a little easier! We are challenging all the members to get a book of mormon and put a picture of their family on the back pages with their testimony and give it to someone! We have yet to verify, but I think it will help them share the gospel better! Maybe that's something that you guys can do as well! I think it would help a lot!! 

We have lunch everyday which is  AWESOME! My only concern is that I don't come home looking really fat! They feed us good here!!! Lunch AND sometimes dinner! What a blessing!! Elder Bluth and I are working hard!! We are doing good!!
This week we had leadership council with all the zone leaders. I loved those when I was a zone leader. Now, I've decided I don't like them that much. Hahaha, it's alright though! There is a lot more work behind these conferences than I thought. It all went well and we got a nice yummy breakfast and lunch as a bonus!!
Love you guys!!
Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment