Wednesday 6 May 2015

Good bye, San Lorenzo!


May 5, 2015

 

This week was exciting but crazy! On Saturday afternoon, at around 2:00 pm, we got a call from the Asistentes (AP) telling me I was getting transferred to the south part of Rosario, to an area called Delicias. I will be serving as a lider de zona (zone leader)! I was so surprised! I did not expect to get transferred because when we train, we usually do it for 12 weeks. I was sad and excited! I remember when I first arrived at San Lorenzo from Venado Tuerto. I was not sure I liked it. But I have grown to love it soo much! I love the place, but I love the people even more!!!!! And I will miss Elder Salinas. I think he is a little nervous about getting around. San Lorenzo is so big! But he is a good missionary and will do awesome! The members will treat him well!

 

 

The San Lorenzo branch is pretty flipping awesome!!!!! I couldn’t believe it, but they had a little going away party for me. It was so sweet!!!! They made” tortas fritas,” (kind of like scones)” tortas dulce,” and “mate.” They even made a video for me with everyone in the branch saying good bye and sharing their testimonies!!!!! They are so awesome! I was super touched. I knew how much I loved them, but I had no idea how much they loved me. Cristina and her daughters organized the whole thing. It was super sad and hard to say good bye! These people are so special to me!!!!

 

I wanted to give them something back so bad! So, now I am short on ties because ties and stickers are all I have and I gave practically all of them away. So, I would appreciate a few more of these items from home J. Mom, these people are truly amazing! There is something so special about them. I have learned so much from them! My testimony has grown just by their examples of service and willingness to do anything to help us out. I did not like saying good bye, but I felt satisfied in knowing that I had worked hard and given this area my very best. I witnessed miracles and saw people’s lives change. I am so happy about that. Heavenly Father needs me somewhere else now and I am excited for my new assignment!

 

So, I have been called to be a zone leader!!! I am super excited but also a little bit nervous!! My new comp is Elder Bluth! He is from somewhere in Utah – my 3rd companion from Utah! He has been out for 9 months. I am a little nervous because I think that my Spanish is still a little shaky and I know I am super young in the mission(only 8 months) to be a zone leader. I don’t know if I even know that much that can help others! But, obviously the Lord thinks I have something that can help others, so I will do my best and not disappoint Him!! I am really looking forward to this new challenge!

 

 

Our apartment would be a pretty sweet  apartment,  but the toilet doesn’t have a seat, so you have to squat instead of sit, and we  have to climb up on top of the roof every time we want to use hot water.  The shower doesn’t have a head, so it just comes out like hose. Other than those minor details, the pension is pretty good!! We just have to fix a couple of things!

 

The area seems pretty good! It is a little dangerous, but we will be fine! I am looking forward to getting to know the ward and people here! All the zone leaders have regular meetings with president, which I am really looking forward to! I love him and think it is sweet to be working closer with president!

 

And yes mom, chances are that I will probably stay in the Rosario mission when it splits in July. I am pretty excited about this because from what I hear, it is safer than Santa Fe and we have President Zanni!!  

 

It’s been a great and crazy week! I am excited to talk to you guys on Sunday afternoon!! Thanks for al your support!

 

I love you!

Elder Carter

 

 

Enjoying my last Sunday in San Lorenzo

The awesome video the branch made for me! Can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment